Our Mission Statement: The World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies (WFNS) aspires to promote global improvement in neurosurgical care. The mission of the WFNS is to work together with our member societies to improve worldwide neurosurgical care, training and research to benefit our patients.
Founded in 1955, the WFNS is a professional, scientific, non-governmental organization comprising of 130 member societies, consisting of 5 Continental Associations, 119 National Neurosurgical Societies and 6 Affiliate Societies, representing over 30,000 neurosurgeons worldwide.
- facilitates the personal association of neurological surgeons throughout the world
- aides in the exchange and dissemination of knowledge and ideas in the field of neurological surgery
- encourages research in neurological surgery and allied sciences
- holds periodic World Congresses
- conducts educational courses
- makes available Basic Sets of Neurosurgical Instruments, Bipolar Coagulation Sets and Neurosurgical Microscopes at a reduced price through WFNS for distribution to the Developing World
- provides neurosurgical training at designated WFNS Reference Training Centres
- maintains a Foundation to promote and facilitate the activities of the WFNS