Dear Colleagues –
This issue of the WFNS Newsletter begins with a request to participate in the online survey of the NIHR Global Health Research Group on Neurotrauma and the Neurotrauma Committee of the WFNS. Please take the short time necessary to complete this survey.
Next is a report on the new trauma scoring system for TBI in the elderly developed by our colleagues at the Medical University of Lodz, Poland.
Reports of recent WFNS-sponsored conferences include:
- Updates in Neurosurgery: WFNS Education and Training Course in conjunction with the XXV Congreso Mexicano e International de Cirurgia Neurologica, Nuevo Vallarta, Nayarit, Mexico, July 7 & 8.
- Second Congress of Asian Oceanian Society of Intraoperative Neurophysiology (AOSIN): Osaka, Japan, July 19.
Announcements of upcoming WFNS-sponsored conferences include:
- Fourth Theoretical & Practical International Course in Peripheral Nerve & Brachial Plexus Surgery: Buenos Aires, Argentina, September 5 to 7.
- WFNS 2019 Interim World Congress: Beijing, China, September 9 to 12.
- EANS 2019 Annual Conference: Dublin, Ireland, September 24 to 28.
- International Stereotactic Radiosurgery Society (ISRS) Educational Course: Tbilisi, Georgia, October 4 to 6.
- Serbian Neurosurgical Society 5th Annual Meeting: Kragujevac, Serbia, October 25 to 27.
- International Society of Minimally-Invasive Neurosurgery (ISMINs) 4th Educational Course: Phuket, Thailand, October 25 & 26.
- Anterior, Middle, and Posterior Skull Base Course: 3D Hands-On Microscopic Approaches: Buenos Aires, Argentina, November 7 to 9.
- International Conference on Recent Advances in Neurotraumatology (ICRAN) 2019: Peshawar, Pakistan, November 13 to 17.
- Seventh Congress, Madjid Samii Society of International Neurosurgeons (MASSIN): Cartagena, Colombia, November 21 to 23.
- Fifteenth Asian Australasian Congress of Neurological Surgeons (AASNS) in conjunction with the 68th Annual Conference of the Neurological Society of India: Mumbai, India, December 5 to 8.
We look forward to seeing as many of you as possible at as many of the above upcoming conferences as possible!